I found these bars of chocolates on the shelves of Team Manila last weekend. And I'm really glad I did. For chocoholics like me, Theo & Philo Artisan Chocolates are a wonderful addition to my must-have chocolate list. They have the prettiest packaging and the most interesting flavors.
I grabbed a bar of Green Mango & Sea Salt and a bar of Pili & Pinipig. I loved the Pili & Pinipig. The sweetness of the chocolate is just perfect. Rich and robust, nutty and crunchy.
The Green Mango & Sea Salt was in dark chocolate. And since dark chocolate is bitter, the flavors were kind of clashing each other. I think green mango and sea salt would be wonderful in milk (sweet) chocolate. You know, sweet-sour, sweet-salty? That would be an awesome combination. There's just something so sexy and heavenly with sweet-salty, sweet-sour combination.
Dear Theo & Philo, how about making Green Mango & Sea Salt in sweet Milk Chocolate? :)
Theo & Philo is proudly Pinoy. Their cacao is sourced in Davao and sugar, from Bacolod. And the quality of their products could compete with many imported chocolates out there. Every bite of these chocolates is a joy.
And I love their packaging. Tasteful and luxurious.
Products:Price: Php 95/bar.
- Siling Labuyo (Dark chocolate with chili spice)
- Kape Barako (Milk chocolate with organic Barako coffee)
- Milk Chocolate (Dense, creamy, and not too sweet)
- Green Mango & Sea Salt (Dark chocolate with dried green mango & sea salt)
- Pili & Pinipig (Milk chocolate with glazed pili and pinipig)
- 70% Dark Chocolate (Earthy with notes of cherries & tannic)
Where to get these lovely chocolates:
- Team Manila Store: Powerplant Mall, Rockwell
- Echo Store: Podium and Serendra
- Ritual: the Collective, Malugay Street, Makati
- JojiBerry: Crossroad 77 Plaza, Mother Ignacia Street, QC
- The Coffee Ministry: Royale Place Building, Amsterdam Ave., Diliman, QC
- Cafe Antonio: 2/F Spanish Heritage Bldg., Sta Catalina Street, Dumaguete City
Theo & Philo
Mobile: +63 920 4315650
Fax: +63 2 2424093