This is the Gate of Peace.
There are five main halls separated by courtyards in the lama temple --
- The Hall of Heavenly Kings (Tian Wang Dian Hall)
- The Hall of Harmony and Peace (YongHeGong)
- The Hall of Everlasting protection (YongYouDian)
- The Hall of Wheel of the Law (FalunDian)
- The Pavilion of Ten Thousand Happiness (WanFuGe)
In the first courtyard, there is a glazed-tiled arch called the Gate of Peace Declaration. Walking through this courtyard, you will reach a three-arch gate called the Gate of Peace. In the second court stands the Bell Tower and the Drum Tower.
An amazingly tall statue of Maitreya.
Carved out of a single white sandalwood tree.
Maitreya stands in the center of the Pavilion of Ten Thousand Happiness.
The statue of Maitreya made it to the Guinness World Record in 1993.
All five Halls house different buddhas.
Listen intently to your guide because every statue, every detail has a story.
Many tourists visit the Lama Temple.
But there are also a lot of locals who come here to pray.
Admission Fee: 25 RMB
Opening Time: 9am - 5pm
The mandatory group photo before leaving. :)
. . . . .
Hotel: Days Inn Tiananmen Square with breakfast
Tour Guide + Transpo + Lunch
Airfare: Cebu Pacific
more or less $1,200/person
. . . . .
Our tour guide Jamie Wang speaks english
and is knowledgeable about China's history and tourist spots.
He was very helpful and nice and honest.
If you plan to visit Beijing and would need a guide,
email him at firstname.lastname@example.org
. . . . .
Chinese Visa Application
Tourist/Family Visit Visa Requirements:
- Valid passport.
- Completed Application Form.
- One (1) passport or 2x2 photo glued on the application form. (Do not staple. Stapled photos will not be accepted). Photo must be colored, white background, front view, no hat.
- U.S. Passport-holders must submit two (2) duly-accomplished application forms & two (2) photos
- Invitation letter with your host's valid Chinese residence visa and passport information page or Chinese national identity card.
(Philippine residents, 18 years old and above):
- Original NBI Clearance valid for travel abroad.
- Original Bank Certificate with receipt or updated passbook.
- If a company is sponsoring your trip, provide the company's Bank Certificate, letter of sponsorship,and the company's business registration.
- If an individual is sponsoring your trip, provide that person's Bank Certificate, letter of sponsorship & invitation, copy of that person's valid residence visa, passport information page or Chinese national identity card.
- For employed persons, submit Employment Certificate, company ID, SSS ID and contributions, TIN ID, and latest ITR.
- For students, provide school ID.
- For business owners, provide business registration of company, TIN ID and latest ITR.
- Personal appearance is required for those who are 16-21 years old.
- Emergency contact information at the back of your passport must be filled out and photocopied.
- Other documents required by visa officers if necessary.
Submit filled out application form with 2x2 photo and a valid passport.
Single Entry: Php1400 | Double Entry: Php2100 | Multiple Entry (6 months): Php2800 |
Multiple Entry (12 months): Php4200
Single Entry or Multiple Entry: Php6500
All other foreign passports
Single Entry: Php1700 | Double Entry: Php2550 | Multiple Entry (6 months): Php3400 |
Multiple Entry (12 months): Php5100
- Four working days.
- You can request a one day processing for an additional Php1700 fee.
- Or a three-day processing for an additional Php1100 fee.
Bring complete requirements to the Consular Office or you can send a travel agent to act on your behalf.
Your representative must bring an authorization letter and a valid ID.
2nd & 3rd Floor,
The World Center
330 Sen. Gil J. Puyat Avenue,
Fax: 632 8482386
Inquiry: 632 8482395 (Weekdays 08:30-10:30 | 14:00-16:00)
- Holders of Diplomatic or Government/Official passports entering/exiting for a period not exceeding 30 days.
- Passport holders from Singapore, Brunei, and Japan visiting China (sightseeing, business, transit) for up to 15 days.
- Anyone holding a booked seat at an international airline flying directly to China, transiting less than 24 hours without leaving the airport.
- Passport holders from the following countries -- transiting through Pudong Airport or Hongqaio airport provided they have booked seats, confirmed flights to their final destination, valid visas to other countries they are visiting, and only stay in Shanghai for 48 hours -- Republic of Korea, United States, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, France, Netherlands, Belgium, Luxemburg, Portugal, Spain, Italy, Austria, Greece.
- Passport holders of the following countries joining a tour group to Hainan Province (staying not more than 15 days): Philippines, Malaysia, Thailand, the Republic of Korea, Indonesia, Germany, Great Britain, France, Austria, Italy, Russia, Switzerland, Sweden, Spain, Netherlands, United States, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
Beijing | Tiananmen Square
Beijing | The Forbidden City
Beijing | Donghuamen Night Food Street
Beijing | Summer Palace
Beijing | The Olympic Venue
Beijing | Panjiayuan Antique Market
Beijing | Beihai Park
Beijing | Qiangan Hutong Tour
Beijing | An Acrobatic Show
Beijing | The Great Wall